July 15, 2016
The Illinois Solar Energy Association (ISEA) was founded in 1975 and incorporated in the State of Illinois in 1979. ISEA is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit membership organization and is the Illinois chapter of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES). We represent over 400 members, including more than 100 businesses, statewide.
Our mission is to educate and advocate for the widespread application of solar, wind and other forms of renewable energy technologies to the people of Illinois.
ISEA is looking for a competent Program Development Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
To be an excellent program assistant, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working independently and with diverse teams. If you have further skills pertaining to program development or environmental advocacy, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the Program Development Assistant will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to ISEA’s standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support planning and coordination of various ISEA programs and activities
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Assist with budget organization including creating invoices, troubleshooting membership transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Create and send weekly newsletters to ISEA’s 4,000 plus contacts
- Help build and maintain positive relations with ISEA representatives and external parties
- Manage the coordination of volunteers for ISEA events and external presentations
- Assist with organization of meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Provide support to ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Support the organization’s growth and program development
- Proven experience with program coordination or in a relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Experience with volunteer coordination, outreach or management
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, Google Apps
- Proficient analytical/research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Passion for renewable energy and environment
- BS/BA in relevant field or relevant experience
- Experience with grassroots organizing and/or policy advocacy
- Basic graphic and web design skills
- Marketing knowledge or experience
- Basic knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting or ability to learn
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: ISEA Program Development Assistant Application. Accepting applications until position is filled.
30 hrs per week with some nights and weekends as needed
Work is remote, but must live in Illinois
Hourly salary, commensurate with experience