Chair (acting): Nir Krakauer
Covers the development and acquisition of data on renewable energy resources and its dissemination to end users.
- Facilitate the transition to a clean-energy society by providing a community platform for sharing information and best practices on measuring and communicating renewable energy resources.
- Expand the professional and volunteer workforce through educational opportunities and mentoring activities.
- Meteorological and other factors (clouds, air pollution, …) affecting solar, wind, and other renewable energy availability
- Site assessment for renewable energy installations
- Methods of forecasting renewable energy availability
- Development of standardized methodologies and reliability criteria to facilitate renewable energy deployment and market dominance
- Communication of science, technology, and policy developments and resources to industry professionals and the general public
How We Communicate with the World
ASES communication channels: Solar@Work e-newsletter, Solar Today magazine, webinars, Division Forum, Annual National Solar Conference contributions
How We Build Our Division Community
JOIN the Division (for Business, Life, Professional or Student members)
- VOLUNTEER as a Division Officer or contributor
- RESPOND to “Calls for Action”
- MEET with division members and share ideas on Division calls
- JOIN Division Meetups at Conferences
- CONTRIBUTE to the Division Forum
- ATTEND webinars
Upcoming Sustainability Division Opportunities
ASES SOLAR Conference – Send technical session and presentation ideas today https://ases.org/conference/